Диалоги в Past Simple Tense


1
A: Why did you do that?
B: What?
A: You hit my car.
B: No, I didn’t.
A: Yes, you did.
B: I didn’t hit your car.
A: Who did?
B: I don’t know who hit your car.
A: I didn’t hit my own car.
B: Maybe somebody else hit it.
A: It wasn’t you?
B: It wasn’t me.
2
A: Did you hear about the fire?
B: I didn’t read the paper.
A: There was a fire yesterday.
B: Did anybody get hurt?
A: No, fortunately.
B: Where was the fire?
A: It was at 789 Bryant Street.
B: Did the firemen come quickly?
A: They came very quickly.
B: Did they rescue the people?
A: They rescued everybody.
B: I didn’t know about it.



3
A: The teacher didn’t talk today.
B: He didn’t? Why?
A: He lost his voice.
B: He lost his voice?
A: He sang too much last night.
B: I hope he feels better soon.
4
A: What did you plant in the yard?
B: I planted roses.
A: When did you water them?
B: This morning.
A: Did you plant yellow or red ones?
B: I planted both.
5
A: What did you eat for lunch?
B: I ate a pizza.
A: Was it tasty?
B: It was really delicious..
A: Did you finish it?
B: No, I didn’t. Here it is. Want some?
6
A: Dave has a backache.
B: How did he get it?
A: He played basketball too long.
B: Did he rest today?
A: Yes. He didn’t tell you about it?
B: No. I didn’t hear about it.
7
A: Did you go on a trip last summer?
B: Yes, we did.
A: Where did you go?
B: We went to New York.
A: Did you travel by plane?
B: No, we drove our car.
A: Did it take very long?
B: Yes. It took five days.
A: Did you stay at campgrounds?
B: No, we didn’t. 
A: Oh, so you stayed at motels.
B: That’s right.
A: Did you have good weather?
B: It was miraculous.
A: It didn’t rain?
B: It rained a couple of times.
A: Did you have expensive food?
B: No, we ate at cheap restaurants.
A: Did you have an upset stomach?
B: Once or twice.
A: How did you get around the city?
B: We traveled by subway.
A: Was it crowded?
B: It was crowded at rush hour.
A: Did you take the taxi?
B: No. Too expensive.
A: Did you see the Statue of Liberty?
B: No, we didn’t.
A: You didn’t? Why not?
B: We were too busy.
A: What did you see?
B: We saw all of our relatives.
A: Did you take photos?
B: Yes, we took about fifty.
A: Fifty photos?
B: We took pictures of New York.
A: Did you take pictures of other places?
B: We took pictures of each other.
A: Did you enjoy your trip?
B: We enjoyed it very much.
A: What did you enjoy most?
B: The musical shows.
A: What about souvenirs?
B: No, no souvenirs.
A: How come???
B: I hate the souvenirs.
8
A. What's the problem?
B. Somebody took my clothes and my bag when I was in the sea!
A. When did this happen?
B. Well, I arrived at the beach at nine o'clock this morning and I went for a swim at about ten.
A. Did you see the person take your bag?
B. No. When I came out of the sea my bag wasn't there.
A. Did you have anything valuable in your bag?
B. Yes! My mobile phone and my credit card...
A. Well, come with me to the police station, sir.
 9
A. Is this your first time in England?
B. No, I had a holiday in Liverpool two years ago.
A. Really? I know Liverpool very well! Where did you stay there?
B. We stayed at some hotel near the train station. I can't remember the name.
When were you in Liverpool?
A. I went to university there.
B. Really? What did you study?
A. Hotel Management. But I didn't like it much.
B. Why didn't you like it?
A. It was boring. I left after the first year.
 10
- How was your weekend?
- It was real fun. I went to the cinema and had a great time at the city park.
- What movie did you see?
- It was an amazing romantic comedy, but I can`t remember the name.
- What did you do in the park?
- I rode my bike and ate a lot of candy-floss and ice-cream.
- That sounds fantastic!
- Yeah, but can you keep me a company next time? I was alone.
- Sure, with pleasure!
 11
A: How are you doing?
B: Pretty good.
A: I heard you were on vacation.
B: Yeah! I went to Djubga foк a couple of weeks.
A: Djubga! Wow! How was it?
B: Fantastic. The weather was nice.
A: What did you do there?
B: We went to the beach, swam, and drank cocktails! You know, we had a wonderful time there.
A: Who did you go with?
B: My kids came with me. My wife didn’t. She was very busy.
 12
A: How was your weekend?
B: Just so–so.
A: How come?
B: Well, the teacher gave us a lot of homework so I stayed home, did my homework and watched TV. On Sunday I wanted to go out but the weather was awful.
A: It`s a big pity.

Комментарии