Тренировочное упражнение по словообразованию для 9-10 курсов


1.         This room is so ………………….! Put all your toys away!    (TIDY)
2.         He doesn’t have a job. He’s …………………     (EMPLOYED)
3.         I work hard but they pay me little money. That’s…………………     (FAIR)
4.         Be ………………………when you open the door. (CARE)
5.         Could your repeat that …………………. please? I don’t really understand it. (EXPLAIN)
6.         The receptionist was very……………………. and explained to us everything very carefully. (HELP)
7.         I don’t think so: I…………   with you. (AGREE)
8.         I usually ………………the suitcases as soon as we arrive home from the airport.  (PACK)
9.         We couldn’t go on holidays last year because I was ………………… for ten months. (EMPLOYED)
10.      He never says anything when he comes into the room. He is very…………… (POLITE)

11.      I never watch plays because I…………………… going to the theatre. (LIKE)
12.      Their dog …………………. while they were walking in the park. (APPEARED)
13.      Making several copies of a CD and selling them is ……………………………. (LEGAL)
14.      He said it is…………………. to solve the problem and I agree with him: I can’t find a solution. (POSSIBLE)
15.      Chestnut honey provides quick and ............. relief. (EFFECT)
16.      Come rain, wind or shine these snapdragons give a superb display over an ....................... long period. (EXCEPTION)
17.      Dreaming of a beautiful home for your .........................  (RETIRE)? Enjoy lifetime ownership of a luxury home for an ................. price. (AFFORD)
18.      The post-war decline in beer ......................... was practically halted last year. (CONSUME)
19.      Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and ..................there with. (HATE)
20.      In the first quarter of the 18th century people began to realise the ......................... of hygiene to public health.  (IMPORTANT)
21.      The ....................collapse of the Roman Empire lasted for nearly three hundred years before its final dissolution in AD 476. (GRADE)
22.      Jamie’s ....................of the night’s events is hazy but the tabloids will refresh his memory. (RECOLLECT)
23.      We are great ........................ in fate and we believe we’re meant to be together. (BELIEVE)
24.      I think your stylist has taken her ............................... from the rubbish dump. (INSPIRE)
25.      The statesmen and scholars have made important ................................ on ways Washington could help Russia control parts of the arsenal. (SUGGEST)
26.      After denying the ........................... of any recordings of the UFO abductions, Mr. President went on to talk about the newest tax policy. (EXIST)
27.      Your .......................... to me really bothers me. I told you a hundred times that I’m not the guy you need. (ATTACH)
28.      It is an ............................. fact that the search will go on for another couple of months. (DENY)
29.      The monitoring programme is .............................. well developed in our school. (SPECTACULAR)
30.      I ............................. this morning and was late for my English classes. (SLEEP).
31.      The film, though poor in artistic values, was a ............................... success. (FINANCE)
32.      The doctor ......................................my illness as a rare ape-like syndrome, taking into ......................... my strange facial mimics. (DIAGNOSIS; CONSIDER)
33.      The lower salaries would be a slight ..................................... from the original project. (DEVIATE)
34.      It is impossible to .............................. everybody. (PLEASURE)
35.      There was no ............................. on her side so he proceeded with his work. (RESIST)
36.      If you need anything I am at your ......................., madam. (SERVE)
37.       ............................... in the wardrobe he waited for her husband to fall asleep. (HIDE)
38.      “Will you ............................... your theory?” a curious student asked his professor. (CLEAR)
39.      We can’t go together anywhere as my holiday doesn’t ..................................with yours. (COINCIDENCE)
40.      Boozing and clubbing are my two favourite Saturday night .............................. (ACTIVE)
41.      On the Valentine’s day I got a cordless electric drill with .......................... batteries. (RECHARGE)
42.      His eyes .......................... with surprise when I told him I was pregnant. (WIDE)
43.      That was my hubby, the same man who mopped my floors , who won this year’s Mr Universe .......................... . (COMPETE)
44.      I felt so relaxed and ............................. when Alan said ‘Forget your husband tonight.’(ATTRACT)
45.      The drawback for the great sportsmen is that the satisfaction of ......................................... rarely lasts very long. (ACCOMPLISH)
46.      White is the colour of ............................. so never wear it if you are upset, it will only make you feel worse. (LONE)
47.      Food like bananas and oysters are presumed to be aphrodisiac mainly due to their ..................... to certain body parts. (RESEMBLE)
48.      Enjoy sugar and caffeine only in ............................... (MODERATE)

49.      His .......................... were not as serious as the previous time. Just broken ribs, dislocated shoulders and sprained ankles. (INJURE)

Комментарии