Диалоги для 8-х классов


Erwin: How much did you pay for it?
Dennis: 200 bucks.
Erwin: 200 bucks for a piece of junk like that?  That's a rip-off!
Dennis: What do you mean?
Erwin: It's not worth it.
Dennis: Oh.  I guess I really did get ripped off.
************************************
Joanne: Hey, you look concerned.  What's on your mind?
Harry: The final exam.  I'm not fully prepared yet.
Joanne: Well, don't worry too much.  You still have three days.
Harry: Yeah, but three days will fly past in a wink.
Joanne: Well, you still have time to cram things into your brain anyway.
**********************************
Davis: I think I'm running a temperature.  My head is spinning, my mouth feels like cotton, and I have a scratchy throat.
Julie: Let me see.  Hmm, you'd better stay at home today.   And don't work on the computer!  Staying up late with that thing has obviously played havoc with your health.
Davis: I can't help it.  I guess I'm addicted to the Internet.
Julie: If you want to keep yourself in good shape, you'd better quit surfing the Net deep into the night.  I don't want you kicking the bucket!
******************************
Louise: How often do you eat out, Shelly?
Shelly: Well, very often.  I eat out almost five times a week.
Louise: Wow, I really envy you. 
Shelly: Don't envy me.  It's for business.  In fact, I'm sick and tired of restaurant food.  Sometimes I just want a home-cooked meal.
*******************************
Gary: Oh, my!  It's really hot!  I've never seen such scorching weather in my life!
Sharon: Tell me about it.  It's like the whole world is broiling.
Gary: Oh, look at the thermometer!  The temperature has hit 98! 
Sharon: I hope it's not gonna break into three digits!
Gary: But it's already awfully close! 
Sharon: Well, I just hope it'll level off.
Gary: I guess we can't do anything until after dark then.
Sharon: I guess so.  What else can we do?  You can't stay in the heat for long!
**********************************

Roselind: Hey, you have so many clocks in your bedroom.
Jamie: Yeah, I want to make sure I can wake up in the morning.
Roselind: But is there something wrong with your clocks?  None of them has the same time.
Jamie: I do it on purpose.  I set this clock ahead ten minutes, and this one back ten minutes, but I always set that one to the right time.
Roselind: So the alarms ring every ten minutes?
Jamie: Yeah.
Roselind: Are your crazy or what?
Jamie: No, I am a heavy sleeper.  I need thunder to wake me up.
**************************
Jacob: You look so concerned, Dorothy.  What's on your mind?
Dorothy: I'm worried about the interview tomorrow.  It's so important to me.  You know, I've been looking for a job for three months, and this is my first interview.
Jacob: Don't worry too much, Dorothy.  Everything will work out just fine.
Dorothy: I hope so.
Jacob: Come on, Dorothy.  Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Комментарии