Комплексное тестирование для 9-х классов КПКУ, 1-й вариант

1) Women have ... free time than men. Housework is ... popular task among men.
A) much/less; B) more/most; C) little/much; D) less/the least; E) the least/more
2) Robert has ... friends in London.
A) such many; B) too much; C) so many; D) so much; E) such few
3) I suppose you should help Kate as she is your close friend.
A) insist; B) think; C) trust; D) suggest; E) offer
4) She let him come into the room.
A) allowed; B) hated; C) wanted; D) waited; E) knew
5) I feel exhausted after a long trip.
A) very slender; B) very sleepy; C) very thirsty; D) very tired; E) very angry
6) She is impossible to deal ...! You can never rely ... her.
A) on/for; B) for/on; C) with/for; D) with/on; E) with/in
7) You don't have to worry ... their testing facilities.
A) in; B) -; C) about; D) of; E) on
8) My dream is to sail ... the world.
A) around; B) over; C) near; D) under; E) above
9) I ... hand the letter to anybody. I ... hand it personally to her.
A) may/could; B) can/must; C) must/couldn`t; D) can`t/must; E) can`t/mustn`t
10) I had been waiting for you for 20 minutes. I ... wait longer. I ... leave.

A) can`t/must; B) couldn`t/had to; C) can/had to; D) can/must; E) mustn`t/must
11) I told him that he ... leave whenever he wanted to.
A) could; B) can; C) must; D) had to; E) were able to
12) The boy ... lives next door is my friend.
A) which; B) whose; C) whom; D) who; E) someone
13) ... must be a mistake in what you have written. Is ... anything interesting on TV today?
A) there/it; B) there/there; C) it/there; D) it/it; E) one/it
14) She liked the film, ... ?
A) won`t she; B) isn`t it; C) didn`t she; D) doesn`t she; E) did she
15) John doesn`t like cheese, ... Mary.
A) so does; B) neither does; C) doesn`t neither; D) doesn`t either; E) doesn`t also
16) - I have to get up early as we begin working at 7.
       - ...
A) So am I; B) So do I; C) Neither do I; D) Neither have I; E) Neither I do.
17) Choose the appropriate antonym to the word "educated".
A) intellectual; B) smart; C) ignorant; D) dull; E) foolish
18) Choose the pair of antonyms.
A) to ask - to beg; B) to reply - to answer; C) to trust - to believe; D) to doubt - to be sure; E) to hesitate - to be in two minds
19) The teacher could not understand ... .
A) who prompts the pupils the correct answer
B) why did this boy always play truant
C) what makes her pupils laugh at her class
D) why one of her pupils was always late
E) who is going to answer
20) "Don`t imagine it`s an easy task to perform."
He told me ... an easy task to perform.
A) don`t imagine it`s
B) not imagine it is
C) not to imagine it was
D) to imagine it was
E) not to imagine it is
21) You must eat ... bread and spend ... time walking.
A) little/many; B) few/much; C) fewer/less; D) less/more
22) Choose the appropriate form of the verb:
... is ... .
A)     To be seen/to believe; B) To see/believe; C) Seeing/believes;
D) To see/believed; E) Seeing/believing
23) I didn`t know where ..., but I was sure I would find it if I walked round a little.
A) was she going; B) subway station is; C) did the station lie; D) the station was
24) ... ground was still quite wet after ... rain.
A) The/the; B) -/the; C) A/the; D) The/a; E) The/-
25) ... Christmas is ... most colourful holiday of ... year.
A) the/the/-; B) -/the/an; C) a/-/the; D) -/the/the; E) -/-/-
26) We ... in all international expositions ever since the first one ... in London in 1851.
A) participate/is held; B) participated/was held; C) participate/were held;
D) participates/was held; E) participated/is held
27) Choose the right order to make up a story.
1. In the street he was stopped by a policeman who grabbed him by the shoulder;
2. «What have I done?» asked Brown;
3. Brown was out walking one day with his large family;
4. «I certainly don`t know what you`ve done,» answered the policeman;
5. «But I do want to know why the crowd is following you!».
28) Choose the appropriate proverb to the passage:
 Don`t be so impatient! Work hard and you will learn the language well. Rome wasn`t built in a day.
A) Step by step one goes far.
B) Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
C) Out of sight – out of mind.
D) What greater crime than loss of time.

E) No news – goods news.

Комментарии