Задания по словообразованию для 9-10 курсов КПКУ



1) It's totally (understand) that you stayed home when you were sick.
2) Don't laugh at his stupid jokes! You'll only (courage) him to say them again.
3) That sidewalk is (slip), I almost fell!
4) After Monday, I will no longer be a foreigner – I am receiving my (citizen)!
5) Arthur will be very lonely unless you (friend) him.
6) Every afternoon, the cooks (sharp) their knives in preparation for dinner.
7) I hate being around Mary Lou, she is so (friendly).
8) The stock market crash of 1929 left my great-grandfather (penny).
9) I have a class at 8:00 a.m. but I always (sleep).
10) The groom may (veil) the bride only when their vows have been exchanged.
11) I think we should try something else. That strategy seems way too (risk).
12) My father's death left me with a great (empty) in my heart.
13) Police squad attacked the building to (liberty) the civilians.
14) Americans fought hard to earn their (free) and (depend) from Britain.
15) When you work at a nuclear power plant, you have to be extremely (care).
16) Every time I think I've beaten you, you (do) me!
17) I had to take three months off when I was pregnant, but my boss has been very (understand).
18) He will (cork) the wine as soon as we are ready for dinner.
19) You need to work on your orthography so you don't (spell) these words.
20) The weather (cast) looks bad for a picnic – rainy and windy!

21) She was very __________ and hoped to be a lawyer before she reached 35 (AMBITION)
22) I don’t think we’ll go down to the beach today. It’s too __________ (CLOUD)
23) The Times is perhaps the most famous ___________ paper in the UK (DAY)
24) The prisoner escaped to _____________ by hiding in the boot of the car (FREE)
25) I think the most ______________ thing to do is to wait a bit longer before buying the house (SENSE)
26) My neighbours were very kind and ____________ when my husband died (SYMPATHY)
27) He has the ____________ to become a professional football player (ABLE)
28) Is it ______________ to drive a car when you’re 16 (LAW)
29) What started as _______________ quickly turned into love (FRIEND)
30) People watched in ________________ as the helicopter crashed nearby (HORRIBLE)
31) Switzerland and Austria are very _______________  countries (MOUNTAIN)
32) The police are still looking into the mysterious ___________ of the young woman (APPEAR)
33) There is only one ____________ snake in Great Britain (POISON)
34) We decided to take the flat because it was quite large and the rent was very __________ (REASON)
35) What sort of fish is this? It’s completely ______________ (TASTE)
36) Freedom from _________________ should be a human right (POOR)
37) They say that _________________ between companies helps keep prices down (COMPETE)
38) This part of the country is well-known as an area of great ____________ (BEAUTIFUL)
39) Is the ______________ from Earth to Mars the same as from Earth to Venus? (DISTANT)
40) Their ____________ was delayed because of bad weather (DEPART)

Комментарии